USA FIT Round Rock’s runners form the backbone of our membership. Runners all receive weekly educational seminars, a schedule specifically designed for their ability level, an online support forum (Facebook), and more.
At the start of each season, trainees will participate in time trials to determine the placement that best matches their ability. All participants will make a pace run the first week, and we’ll advance ultimately to 21 miles by week 23. All long runs (and scheduled hill/speed work) will be done alongside members of your pace group, so no one trains alone.
The program’s general format is as follows:
- After each Saturday run, members will come together for the week’s announcements and to hear an educational seminar on key training topics designed to prepare runners for the rigors of this endurance sport.
- Members participate in an organized training run each Saturday morning with runners of similar training paces.
- Weekend runs will be followed by a brief discussion about the day’s workout and instructions for the coming week.
- Members adhere to a schedule of mid-week training runs. Those runs are built with busy lifestyles in mind, so they keep members moving toward their goals while requiring only a moderate amount of time on the road.
- Weekly hill and speed training sessions are part of our program once the group has built a sufficient training base to handle it safely and comfortably.