USA FIT Round Rock members are just like you. Most get involved because they know it’s time to finally get in shape, and for many, that means doing something really different in their lives. They know they have to challenge themselves to step beyond the status quo, because without some accountability and guidance, their efforts might fall flat. Some of our participants are new to running, while others have been doing this for quite some time. But no matter what the individual stories, all share one goal: to get fit and have fun doing it.
Running Programs: Blue, Green,Yellow, Red, and Purple-Half Marathon groups
Walking Programs: Orange and Purple-Half Marathon groups
USA FIT Round Rock’s runners form the backbone of our membership. Whether preparing for the full or the half marathon distance, runners all receive Saturday group training, educational seminars, a schedule specifically designed for their ability level, an online support forum, and more.
At the start of each season, trainees will participate in time trials to determine the placement that best matches their ability. All participants will run three miles (1.5 miles – half-marathon program) the first week, and we’ll advance up to 21 miles (12 miles- half marathon program) by the 24th week of training. All long runs (and occasional speed work) will be done alongside members of your pace group, so no one trains alone.
The program’s general format is as follows:
- After each Saturday run, members will come together for the week’s announcements and to hear an educational seminar on key training topics designed to prepare runners for the rigors of this endurance sport.
- Members participate in an organized training run each Saturday morning with runners of similar training paces. Each pace group is designated by a color: Blue, Green, Yellow, Red, Orange or Purple ( Half Marathon).
- Weekend runs will be followed by a brief discussion about the day’s workout and instructions for the coming week.
- Members adhere to a schedule of mid-week training runs. Those runs are built with busy lifestyles in mind, so they keep members moving toward their goals while requiring only a moderate amount of time on the road.
- Weekly hill and speed training sessions may be available once the group has built a sufficient training base to handle it safely and comfortably.
Walking Program (Orange-Full, Purple-Half Groups)
Walkers comprise an enthusiastic and growing segment of USA FIT Round Rock. This group is specifically designed for people walking a 13:45 or greater pace, but the goal is the same: to help you push your personal boundaries and achieve your performance and speed goals in an encouraging, safe environment.
Walkers receive all the same benefits as runners. All athletes meet on Saturday, and as with the runners, walkers start at two miles and progress through an increasingly rigorous schedule each week until the season’s ending taper. Everyone receives the same excellent ability-based coaching, weekly educational seminars, mid-week support, and more.
Note: Full Marathon Walking Program subject to sufficient enrollment.